Hello everyone and welcome to the very first color challenge here at the Ink Road Stamps!
We are all very excited to dive in this new concept and give you a little bit of extra motivation and inspiration to use your favorite Ink Road stamps.
Now you might be wondering how exactly will this work. The rules are simple:
- Get inspired by the color palette of the current month’s challenge.
- Make any project you want mixing any other products from your stash as long as you use AT LEAST ONE stamp set from The Ink Road Stamps and link them to the Ink Road online store.
- Your project must be new (published between October 1st-October 31st) but you are welcome to participate in any other challenges with the same project.
- Of course it goes without saying that the submissions must be created by you.
- You can enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- To be eligible to win make sure to add a link back to this challenge in your blog post.
- Submit your entry by uploading your projects in this month’s album in the Ink Road Stamps facebook group.
By participating in our color challenge you allow Ink Road to share the images of your beautiful creations on our social media channels.
One random winner will receive $30 gift card to spend on anything you want in the Ink Road store!
To help you get started we asked a few of our design team members to create some projects inspired by this challenge, let’s take a look.
At first I wasn’t sure how to tackle this challenge…but I absolutely love how these two cards turned out. I started by picking out the stamp set – Just a Number and choosing my 5 ink colours (Altenew – Lavender Fields, Blush, Rouge, Midnight Violet, Crimson). I love repeating patterns so I naturally just started stamping rows of the smallest balloon in each ink colour. Before I knew it I had this simple pattern of balloons! I added a few embossed gold balloons, added some sewing (gold of course!) and embellished with sequins (more gold!)
When I finished the card I was so surprised at how fun and bright these colours were together that I made a second card this time using a circle as a guide to stamp the balloons.
So…get stamping and enjoy this month’s colour challenge.